This twenty-page album of inkstone rubbings, calligraphy, and paintings was made between 1923 and 1928 for the leading Shanghai collector Hsu Hsiao-p'u upon his acquisition of the "Five Clouds and Double Star" inkstone after which he named his studio. In typical literati fashion, the album leaves were produced by a variety of Hsu's friends, who were part of his literati and collecting circle. The title page is by Wu Ch'ang-shuo (1844-1927), and the ink rubbings show the engraved inkstone inscribed with the name Hung-shih, who was the noted seal- and bamboo-carver Yang Hsieh (1781-1850). The fourteen landscape paintings, each by a different artist, vary substantially, but each is an idealized version of Hsu's retreat, the "Five Clouds and Double Star" inkstone studio. With the founding of the Republic in 1912, Shanghai continued its leadership role in literati style painting.