What's new on ArtsConnectEd? This serial message is your source to discover new Art Collector Sets, get tips on Art Collecting, learn about newly exhibited or acquired works of art, and keep your finger on the pulse of the ArtsConnectEd Community.
May is Minnesota Museums Month!
May is a 31-day celebration of the hundreds of historic sites, art museums, zoos, and science centers located across the state. Here are some related news and resources to help you explore musuems, either onsite or online.
The ACE museum partners:
- Throughout May, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts is celebrating Minnesota through art. On Instagram and Twitter, the museum is featuring one artwork per day related to a Minnesota theme. Follow along with #mnmuseums. You are invited to participate too! Check out the list of daily themes here.
- On Saturday, May 18th, the Walker Art Center celebrates International Museum Day by offering free gallery admission.
Museums across the state:
Or explore museums from your classroom using online resources:
- Art Lab: Re-Imagining the Museum—Use this lesson plan for a hands-on activity that gets students thinking creatively about the architecture, function, and meaning of museums. This resource was created by the Walker Art Center's Art Lab Coordinator for use in the classroom with students grades 6-12.
- Room of Wonders—This interactive game for students grades 3-8 reconstructs a curiosity cabinet begun as a collection of exotic objects gathered during the 18th century by President de Robien (1698-1756), a scholar from Rennes. (More about the interactive resource here: http://artsconnected.org/resource/100540/1/room-of-wonders)
- Tagged "Museum"—Explore art about museums. To get you started, here are some ArtsConnectEd resources that have been tagged "museum." Feel free to do some more searching and tagging on your own.