Attention, educators! This CALL FOR ART is your opportunity to showcase student artwork and demonstrate the importance of art education to our legislators and community. What's more, the "Best in Show" winners (student and teacher) will receive a trip to New York!
DETAILS FOR THE YOUTH ART MONTH CAPITOL ART SHOW
Entry Deadline: Monday, March 4, 2013
Exhibition Run: March 24-30, 2013
Installation: Saturday, March 23
Exhibition Location: Minnesota State Capitol
Entry requirements: Each teacher may submit 2 artworks. E-mail the following information to Michael Kantor at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
- educator name
- student name
- short artist statement
- include your mailing address so the YAM team can mail you posters and postcards
Work Specifications: Please follow the following guidelines
- student work must be matted and ready to be pinned to display board
- work must be no larger than 36" x 24"
Delivery of Work: It's advised that you plan with other teachers in your district to coordinate shipping/delivery. Please read the following guidelines:
- adhere the students and teacher contact information to both the artwork and the artist statement
- work must be received by Monday, March 4, 2013
- delivery address: YAM, c/o Michael Kantor, 720 117th Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55434
Awards: There are a number of awards for each grade level. The "Best in Show" winners (student and teacher) will receive a trip to New York.
Questions? Contact Michael Kantor or Debra Lindholm with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about YAM: http://www.aem-mn.org/sitepage.asp?page=Youth_Art_Month