Art Finder Text Detail  
Item Actions
Ratings (0)

Lowry Hill, Minneapolis: Gallery Label - Current


Minneapolis Institute of Arts



Institution Minneapolis Institute of Arts
St. Paul native Alexis Jean Fournier painted a series of six views of Minneapolis in the summer of 1888; three of which, including this view of Lowry Hill, are in the permanent collection. Named after lawyer and railway businessman Thomas Lowry in the late 19th century, the Hill was home to some of the wealthiest people in Minneapolis. Today, two major interstate highways act as boundaries to the north and west of the Hill and some homes built in Fournier’s time still stand today.
Comments (0)
Tags (0)
Type: Commentary, Gallery Label - Current
Source: Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Rights: Copyright Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Added to Site: March 10, 2012