This set was created to supplement a first grade interdisciplinary museum unit entitled "Around the World." In this unit students take a virtual trip around the world, visiting a different continent each week. Use this set with students to compare, contrast, and evaluate works of art from around the world. Invite students to showcase their learning by creating a classroom museum of student created exhibits based on the objects presented in this set.
Unit Essential Questions:
- How can we use objects and primary sources to explore where we live and the world around us?
- How are cultures alike and different?
- How can we use our 5 senses to explore the world around us?
At the end of this unit and through the use of this art set students will understand that:
- the world is made up of regions that are very different from each other in terms of climate, geography, and culture.
- primary sources and objects help us to explore the world around us.
Students will be able to:
- compare and contrast different cultures
This set addresses the following Florida Sunshine State Standards:
- SS.B.2.1.1- Student identifies some physical and human characteristics of places
- SS.A.1.1.1- Student compares everyday life in different places and times and understands that people, places, and things change over time
- SS.B.1.1.2- Student uses simple maps, globes, and other three-dimensional models to identify and locate places